Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A dry well . . .


I started a Sunday Scribbling . . . and couldn't finish it.

I go to your blogs and read them and open a comment window

but . . . I'm out of words.

I started an article that I want to submit, but I can't seem to finish it.

I look at the notes for my novel, and I smile, and then I frown. No time for that right now.


The past few weeks have been filled with ideas, dreams, instruction, conversation, contemplation and work. Beetle projects, cranky pre-teens, conversations with caterers, business card designs, Bible study edits and plans for new ministry projects.

My dreams at night are filled with fights with bobcats, giant bears and searching through rooms of houses that are unfamiliar to me.

I've had a great couple of weeks where many of the projects that I've worked on have been recognized and praised. People have been overly generous with their kind words and yet, my well feels empty. How can this be? I feel connected to my God but my life feels like a whirling twister picking up bits of this, bits of that and leaving a mess behind it.

And so my friends, that's why the blog has been a bit empty. That's why I haven't been leaving you messages in your comments. I want to write. I want to share. I'm not sad. I'm not discouraged. I'm not upset. I'm just empty.

I'll work on getting filled this weekend. But don't give up on me, okay? I'll be back. Pinky swear.

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

I'll be waiting. Sometimes the field needs to lie fallow for a while. Then it all blooms at once. See you then. :)

Kamsin said...

Hope you get a chance to relax and recharge those batteries!

Alex S said...

Hi Kim! I know exactly what you are speaking of I think. I wouldn't give up on you anyway! I wanted to see too if you are free next weekend (the one after this one)- If so, let me know as I'd love to meet up on 23rd! Have a wonderful, restorative weekend!

Wanda said...

It's OK to be empty...I think that why our Lord took so many trips alone up the mountain side...to get filled again.
You have given, and given and given. Now take your rest!!!
It's you time. It's your turn.
Love and Hugs

Amber said...

I have also been feeling dry as of late. Don't worry. You are a blog buddy for life. ;)

oxox :)

Angela Marie said...

Its okay sweetie! I have felt like this too.

I won't give up on you ever!
Pinky swear ;)

Jenny said...

Pinky swear...you're funny! I think breaks are nice once in awhile even though I miss you!