Friday, May 11, 2007

Drinking from the Well of Inspiration


Here's a few nuggets of wisdom from artists through the ages to inspire me today. Feel free to share your favorite inspirations!

Since you are like no other being every created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable. Brenda Ueland, Writer, Journalist

Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything. Eugene Delacroix, French Romantic Painter

It is within my power either to serve God or not to serve him. Serving him, I add to my own good and the good of the whole world. Not serving him, I forfeit my own good and deprive the world of that good which was in my power to create.
Leo Tolstoy, Author of War and Peace and Anna Karenina

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
Joseph Chilton Pearce, Author

I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
Duke Ellington, Composer, Musician

“We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves. Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.”
Julia Cameron, The Artist’s Way

Now, what are we waiting for? Let's go play!

4 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful inspiration.

Thanks Kim!

Wanda said...

Yes, beautiful inspiration...now go get creative...

Kamsin said...

Great quotes Kim. Just what I needed, as I sit here twiddling my thumbs looking for some inspiration!

Jenny said...

Great nuggets of inspiration!