Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Special Day

Today, Brad and I are heading out to do some Christmas Shopping for the day. I love this kind of day - Brad, not so much. He's such a trooper though! We're headed to downtown Portland to enjoy all the sights and sounds of Christmas while we hunt for the perfect gifts. It should be a perfect day (except for the rain that has decided to come back after a welcome hiatas). We're going to see a movie and have a nice dinner out as well. A real treat in this busy season - a whole day together - alone!

Seventeen years ago I had a very different December day. The morning was crisp and cold but the sun was shining. Not a raindrop in sight. It was a day filled with people - about 300! No being alone on that day. It was the day my life changed in dramatic and wonderful ways - the day I married my true love and started a chapter in my life that continues to keep me amazed at the blessings that have been dropped into my life. I still remember the way Brad made me giggle when he whispered a funny joke to me while we were lighting our unity candle. I'll never forget how handsome he looked in is slate gray tuxedo with tails. His smile, his embrace, the kiss. One of the best days of my life.

Happy Anniversary Sweetie! I love you!

13 comments:

Deirdre said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a great day.

Deb R said...

HappyHappy Anniversary, Kim!! And I hope you have a wonderful day shopping with your honey.

Shelby said...

Happy Anniversary! I found your blog through a comment on Yolanda's Imperfectly Perfect.. I like your blog very much. I will be back. Hope your day is Portland was fabulous :)

Cheryl said...

K & B,

Happy Anniversary! I hope your dream day together was everything you had hoped...and more! Blessings!!

C

Michelle O'Neil said...

Happy Anniversary!

We're a December couple too. (The 27th).

Amber said...

Congrats! That is wonderful. I love me a good romance. ;)

:)

Darlene said...

Awe...Happy Anniversary you two!

17 years is something to be very proud of...and you spent a portion of it buying gifts for others...now THAT is a gift!

OXOXOXOXOX
Darlene

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! My wedding day was one of the best days of my life too!

Congrats!

Amber said...

Did you get my email?

:)

Roadchick said...

Happy Anniversay & tag, you're it!

http://allamericangirlsroadtrip.blogspot.com/2006/12/because-its-all-about-meme.html

Alex S said...

17 years-beautiful! My parents celebrate their 45th next year. What a gift to have such true love that spans the years. Happy Anniversary! (And next time you come into town let me know!!)

Tammy Brierly said...

Happy Anniversary sweetie! What a beautiful day out with Brad.

My prayer's are with the Kim family.

Bless you!

Kamsin said...

Does sound like a perfect day! Happy Aniversary!