Sunday, December 03, 2006

Falling of the edge of the earth . . .

Sorry if it seemed that way. I didn't intend to take a week off of blogging. It just kind of accidentally happened that way. I'm still here. Unlike my bloggie buddy Amber who was holding her nose to the grindstone and studying like a mad-woman for her big exam yesterday, I have no real excuse for going an entire week between entries. I do seem to find myself working on a few time-sensitive projects in areas of life - work, family, friends, etc. That and hauling the Christmas stuff out of the attic trying to whip the house into holiday shape and it's enough to put a gal off her writing game.

Deb - I haven't written off the challenge that's due tomorrow (ha! pun not intended but pretty darn funny, dontcha think?) but the pink fuzzy handcuffs have me thrown for a loop. (I thought they were pink fuzzy slippers and had that all crafted into the story and the handcuffs just won't work in the version I had written in my head! Back to the drawing board!)

Bonnie - I haven't forgotten about the "X" word challenge and I promise to get to it this week. Well, I'll try to get to it this week. Don't hate me if it's maybe next week . . .

Laini & Megg - I loved the prompt this week for Sunday Scribbling. It set off all kinds of fiction ideas in my head. I'm going to try really hard to get one posted by Tuesday. I can't wait to get some time to read what other Scribblers have written.

And all my other friends, I've been reading your words even though I haven't been leaving as many comments. This was just a really odd week and I'm looking forward to getting back into the blogging grove next week. Gah! Look what happens when you fall behind, people! No more blogging breaks for you miss "embroider the silence"- back to work!

6 comments:

Leah Kadwell said...

oh goodie 'cause i love reading your new stuff kim!

Tammy Brierly said...

Glad you're back Kim!

Hugs

Amber said...

I totally understand. Your words about the "hangover" are so perfect. That is how I feel now. I think my brain needs a break.

I really want to enter Deb's contest, but I can't think!

:)

Laini Taylor said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for your show of support for the word "snick." If I ever do speak at writer's conferences I will try to make it part of the lexicon! And glad to hear the prompt gave you ideas this week -- it's one of Meg's, and funnily enough, most of the prompts that have given me fiction ideas have been hers, not mine, maybe because they enter my mind with no previous associations. Can't wait to see what you write!

Deirdre said...

It does seem like it's been a long strange week. And with the holidays coming it's even harder to get everything done and still have time to keep up with all the blog reading that calls to me. I'm glad you're still hanging on to the edge.

Deb R said...

Aaah, but you managed beautifully in the end, Kim. :-))

Glad to see you posting!