Thursday, April 19, 2007

On the road . . .


I'll be on the road for the next few days at a conference so my bloggin' time will be limited. I'll be back soon though so don't go too far . . .

But before I go, I just want to encourage you all to give your loved ones an extra squeeze this week - it's been a hard one for so many in this country and around the world. The tragedy in Virgina has held our attention, but please note that within the last week in Iraq many more have lost their lives at the hands of fanatical, desperate and demented individuals who have no regard for the precious value of each life.

In my Bible study this week, there was a question about how will I (you) stand up for the cause of justice this week? Brad reminded me this morning that sometimes it's the little things. He took our son to school and on the way out of the parking lot, saw an older boy swinging his back-pack repeatedly at a cowering, smaller, younger boy. Brad rolled down his window and in his very firm, teacher-voice reprimanded the older boy and told him to stop hitting the younger one. We must all look for opportunities to stand up for those who need help to feel strong. Who knows how the world might change if we all choose to do this.

Peace to you and yours and a blessed weekend!

6 comments:

Angela Marie said...

I will be squeezing and feeling the need for a squeeze. This last week has been a hard one. For what has happened in Virginia and across the Country.

This week I am gearing up to leave to see my son in Nebraska before he is to go to Kuwait. We do not know how long he will be gone. I am trying my best to have a positive attitude and be strong for my son and loved ones... but I will admit and I feel safe here to say 'I am scared.'

I am Thanking God already for protecting Rob and for holding him in His hand.

I understand standing up for the cause of justice. I work in a school cafeteria and I feel like I am constantly taking a stand against some of what these kids are dishing out. The ladies and I are always praying for the children and what they go home to.

Thankyou for this post... and letting me get some things off of my chest. :)

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wanda said...

Kim have a wonderful time at your conference...praying for safety as you travel.

I'm loving your study Joy on the Journey....

Your post is always insightful and encouraging.

alex said...

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

Amber said...

Love to you, my dear.
I hear you...

xoxo

:)