Saturday, March 03, 2007

In the trenches . . .

Sorry for my absence. I miss "chatting" with you all through blogs and comments. I'm deep in the writing project and it's going well but the deadline was moved up so we're in turbo mode to get it done on time. I hope you enjoy this cutie-pie picture of my puppy taking time to smell the tulips. Me - my tulip-smelling days will come after March 20th. None too soon for me!

As part of my research today I found this great website where you can look up quotes from famous people. Here are a few of my favorite ones that I found today.

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."
C. S. Lewis

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.
C. S. Lewis

Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head.
Garrison Keillor

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.
Charles M. Schulz

8 comments:

Alex S said...

I can't wait to hear what your writing about! yay! BTW, next weekend Laini is hosting Patry's local book event at her house so if you can come to it Sunday maybe we can meet up at a nearby cafe first on Fremont. Let me know!

Kamsin said...

I love the quote about the fifty dollar haircut on a fifty cent head! Anyway, hope you make your deadline without too much stress on the way!

Deb R said...

Great quotes and I LOVE that photo! Too cute!

Sending lots of good thoughts your way that the writing goes smoothly and you meet your deadline with no problem~~~~

Tammy Brierly said...

LOL Soooo cute! I'm glad you're working hard and I pray it's fulling you up creatively. Great quotes! HUGS

Wanda said...

I love quotes! Those were great. CS Lewis is one of my favorite people to quote.
Thanks for sharing. Some of the best work comes out of the trenches!

Deirdre said...

Great quotes. I hope your project is done soon so you can enjoy the flowers with your doggie.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing these words of wisdom! I love C.S. Lewis! Of course the Garrison Keillor quote is pretty great too!

Good job at working so hard on your project! You're showing great discipline and tenacity that we can all learn from. (And you can quote me on that!)

Looking forward to hearing how it all comes out.

See you soon, hopefully! =)

Angela Marie said...

Wow! I am looking forward to seeing how everything turns out...

Great quotes!