Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy dance, anyone?

Today was a great day! Here's why I'm doing a happy dance today . . .

1. Sent my BIG project to the printer last night. HOORAY! Thanks for all of your encouragement during the process. I love that feeling of being done and putting a big fat check mark next to an item that's DONE! One more big work project that should be finished next week and then it's VACATION! (I'm taking 11 days off work) I'm trying to get used to not being on the computer 9 hours a day - I actually swept my floors and enjoyed it tonight!

2. We got our new lens for the camera we ordered last week. I'm hoping to get out on Friday to play with it and take some pictures of the beautiful spring blooms in the neighborhood. The weather looks like it just might cooperate!

3. My son's teacher is just awesome. He told her that listening to music helps him focus on his work and she's investigating how she can get music in the classroom to help him keep on track during work-time, especially writing. She's a remarkable woman who truly appreciates my kid's creative bent and wants to nurture it instead of squash it. Love, love, love teachers like that!

4. I have the best bloggin' tribe ever! Thanks for all of your encouraging comments from my last post. Please know that your encouragement means so much and I'm only where I am now in considering putting writing out there in the big world because of your support. I was so encouraged to read of Michelle at Full Soul Ahead and the release of an anthology by parents of children with autism. Michele has a piece in the book and she's been one of my biggest cheerleaders in my writing.

5. My bloggin buddy, Darlene, has a great report on her blog about her son Mark. The guy is a walking miracle and I started my day off by reading her incredible blog entry about his progress.

6. My darling husband brought me home the lovely tulips you see pictured. Could a day be more perfect? JT made the birdhouse at the father/son retreat this past weekend. He did such a great job!

Life is good. Happy dance, anyone?

11 comments:

anonymous jones said...

Oh for goodness' sake stop being so happy and peppy - it annoys the bejeebies out of us poor, depressed, miserable wretches!

p.s. enjoying sweeping floors is sick!

Wanda said...

Hey, I'm dancing with you! What a delightful day, and the tulips are lovely. What a sweet husband. You are on your way, girl, enjoy that vacation.

Jenny said...

Aww! Jig away girl! What a fun blog to read.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful tulips!

Glad you had a great day.

Thanks for the mention and congrats on getting your big project done!

Leah Kadwell said...

Great, positive post, Kim... THANKS

Tammy Brierly said...

Good for you! WooHoo! I want to hug that teacher ;) Tell hubby he did good and picture was gorgeous!
HUGS

Angela Marie said...

I am dancing with ya! This is terrific!
I love check marking "Done!" That is a great feeling. Good for you!

Happy vacation!

Amber said...

You are just as encouraging to everyone else, my sweets! ( I loved my card, I meant to tell you!xo)

I am happy you sound so happy.

I looove the tulips. Very nice.

...And if you check your stats and see that I have seemingly been here on your blog for HOURS, I swear I am not a stocker! I got pulled away by the kids, and just made it back to my computer. lol)

:)

Deb R said...

Definitely sounds like Happy Dance time!

Those tulips are lovely. :-)

Roadchick said...

Tag, you're it.

See the Roadtrip for the rules.

This one is pretty interesting.

Cheryl said...

Yeah! One more item off that checklist! I'm doing a happy dance with you! Good Job! Looking forward to seeing your project~

Enjoy your well deserved vacation time! (How can it be spring break already?!?)

Party on!