Sunday, November 19, 2006

The snot monster is in the building . . .


The Sunday Scribbling prompt this week is "hero". Right about now I could use one that will kick this head cold in the bootie!

Head is throbbing, nose is running, eyes are aching and I've just spent six hours straight at the computer working on my talk for Tuesday to a group of young moms looking for hope and answers to why they struggle with guilt. I feel inadequate, overwhelmed, frustrated and find myself hoping that another major storm might blow in and bring a tree down on my car so I won't have to go anywhere for the next week. I want to hide from their searching eyes and I want to really say to them - I don't know! I'm in this struggle myself and don't know the answers.

But God is good. He'll provide. He will heal. He is enough. I'm resting on that tonight.
He's the hero that will come to my rescue, just as he always does.

Good night friends.

4 comments:

Kamsin said...

Hope you feel better soon. And good luck for the talk!

Jenny said...

After reading this, the song God is so good will be in my head all day. Thanks, I love that song :)

Deb R said...

Poor Kim, colds are so miserable. I hope you feel better soon.

Michelle O'Neil said...

As always....we teach what we need to learn, and in the teaching we heal ourselves.

No guilt!

You will be awesome Kim!

Head cold, be gone!