Thursday, February 28, 2008

You know you got a good haircut when . . .

. . . it actually looks like the picture you showed your hairdresser (thanks Michelle!)
. . . your 10 year old son calls your hair "funky"
. . . your 13 year old daughter gasps and says "I LOVE it!" with all the expression and drama of a 13-year-old girl
. . . the young man at Costco with the mohawk calls you "Miss" instead of "Ma'am"
. . . your husband who loved your long hair and didn't want you to cut it in the first place, looks at you and says, "I like it!"
. . . your co-workers say it makes you look younger
. . . you wake up the next morning and can style it almost as good as your hairdresser did the day before

Here's the before picture from this past weekend. I'm standing with my good friend Susan and her daughters, Lacey and Molly at Lacey's bridal shower. Lacey (standing between me and Susan) was my flowergirl when she 3 and a half. They are both incredible young women and it was a joy to be at this special event (even though I crumbled into an emotional ball a few minutes into the event and spent much of the time between snapping pictures, dabbing my eyes and blowing my schnaz!)















And here's a shot from today. It only took about 20 tries to get one with only one chin, a smile and decent light! Hope you appreciate all the work I've gone to for you!

Seriously, it was a bit of a step of faith for me to take this jump. My hair has been my security blanket through much of my adult life. My mom always made me cut it when I was little (the curls and frizz annoyed her) so I guess it was passive-aggressive rebellion as an adult to keep it long. Shhh, don't tell her, but I love my sassy new cut!

9 comments:

Deirdre said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

For some reason I don't seem to be able to see the pictures, just a tiny little square box:(! I wanna see the pictures!! Glad you're happy with your new haircut. I had my hair cut today, nothing very drastic and the hairdresser told me off for not getting it cut more often as the ends were a mess!

Trisha said...

Kim,

I love your new haircut. It looks "dashing" on you.

Love you,
Miss you,
Trish

Anonymous said...

Very cute and very sassy! :) Love it!

Michele P.

Amber said...

I think it is very flattering, too! It lifts. And I love curly hair like yours. I got mine cute hoping to bring curl like that out.(It didn't help). Get this stuff called "Curls Rock" by CatWalk. With your hair, it will just make your curls pop!

Very, very cute.

hugs

;)

Alex S said...

It looks great Kim!!! You should LOVE it! (I've been meaning to email you! sorry it took so long! It was so fun to get together and lets do it again soon. March looks good except the last week when I go home to see my parents!) Enjoy your new do'!

Cheryl said...

Love it!! So fun to have the before and after shot. You look great!

(Thanks for the card a while back...I sure appreciated it!)

CT

Michelle O'Neil said...

Very cute Kim! It shows off your cute little face!

Work it, girl.

So very sassy!

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 350 pounds everwhere. But for all I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?