Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time Warp


It's been hard to think of what to say lately, but today - there's something to talk about. Call him a guy that is blogworthy.

See Oprah today? OMG (as the young ones are known to say) did you see Rick Springfield? It was like a time warp. I just about wore out the groves in my copy of "Working Class Dog" and "Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet". I stared at his pictures as a young 14 year old brace-face, glasses wearing, frizzy haired girl and watched him as Dr. Noah Drake on GH with my friends. How can it be that the man has NOT AGED A DAY in almost 25 years?! How can that be? The guy took five years off to stay home with his kids when they were babies and oh my gosh, when he got misty-eyed up talking about how much he loves his family, you could have mopped me up off the floor like a puddle!

OK - I did laugh a bit at the totally middle-aged crowd of women hooting and hollering over the guy but let's face it, if I'd have been there, I would have been right there with them. I'm totally going to load his songs on my MP3 player today!

Thanks Rick - thanks Oprah. You have given this middle aged woman a spring in her step today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not familiar with this guy at all, being from the other side of the pond and all, but your enthusiasm for him made me smile! Seems like you're never too old for a teenage crush!

Alex S said...

How is it possible that he didn't age? I'm thinking plastic surgery! What do you think?