Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Burning the midnight oil

Literally. It's 12:36 a.m. and I can't believe that I just spent 4.5 hours on one assignment for my class that I'm taking for ENRICHMENT! I'm such a freak! Why can't I just do the basic? Now I've had 4 late nights in a row and I can feel my body and brain screaming, "Why are you such a freakin' perfectionist? Who cares if you don't have the best project in this class? You're not even getting graded on it!" Sometimes I wish I had a slacker switch that I could turn on and off at will.

Sorry - nothing really intelligent to share tonight - the brain cells are collapsing in on themseves with exhaustion. (Proof of this - I've had to retype about every third word of this post. The fingers and the brain are revolting. "Stop the madness!" they cry.)

I still have tomorrow and Thursday so please be patient and stop back by my blog on the weekend. I'm sure I'll have some more positive and sunnier comments to share by then.
Good night all!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a beautiful image. It make me breath deep...

You are not a freak! Now get some sleep!

:)

Kim G. said...

Thanks Amber - that's from a prayer labrynth we had during Passion Week this year at our church.

I feel a bit guilty for my venting as I got my assignment back with glowing remarks from the instructor. It did feel good!

Amber said...

Good for you! But, no guilt, please. Gives you wrinkles. ;)

:)

Michelle O'Neil said...

Remember Kim, anythring worthe doiing is wortth doifg pewrfect.