Thursday, January 11, 2007

Learning to slow down . . .


This morning I put my contacts in like I always do. Something didn't feel right. They both seemed blurry and the right one felt like it was in upside down. I took the right one out, cleaned it off, flipped it inside out and put it back in.

Still felt weird.

Took it out, flipped it right side out, cleaned it again, put it back in.

Still not right.

Decided to tough it out, made breakfast for the kids, sat down at the computer to answer a few emails and check a few blogs. Finally, I couldn't stand it. I went into the bathroom and took out my right contact.

It was bizarrly misshapen. What in the world??? There were TWO contacts stuck together. I had put both contacts in my right eye!!! In 26 years of wearing contacts, this is a first! Guess it's time to learn to slow down a bit in the mornings, that or post a sign on my mirror that says, "ONE CONTACT PER EYE, GENIUS!"

8 comments:

Jenny said...

My husband did that once. Ick!

Deirdre said...

I've gotten them in the wrong eyes a few times, but never this. LOL

Leah Kadwell said...

Awesome, Kim :) I also am a 'wrong eye' offender... and the pair I have now does not fit 100% correctly so I am so with you in contact woes!

Jennifer said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who does things like this. :-)

paris parfait said...

You're so funny - glad the problem got sorted!

Amber said...

Hehehe. I have done this, when I had softies. Silly...

:)

Deb R said...

Oopsie! :-)
I did that a couple of times in the years I wore contacts, so believe me you're not alone!

Tammy Brierly said...

I can't believe you went about your morning like that ;) Glad your hubby got all the roots and you reflected :)