Tuesday, October 10, 2006

You won't see this in Vogue . . .


The perfect new accessory for fall . . .


The wonderbird Keeko - part time pet, part time fashion icon.

My bloggie-friend Deirdre is starting a new fun weekly writing prompt called "Teaspoon Tuesday". Her topic this week is what would we do with a million dollars. Here's my top 10 list.

1. Buy a new, nicely loaded min-van for hauling kids all over the town.
2. Buy a big screen tv for my honey to watch his sports.
3. Buy some nice dark jeans that flatter my body like Clinton and Stacey always talk about on "What Not to Wear" and not look at the pricetag.
4. Buy my friend Ruth a super-sized fridge. (The woman has three sons and packs her fridge with food like the cartoon closets that look like they will collapse if you pull one item out of them.)
5. Sponsor a Dalit Education Center in India for lower caste children.
6. Walk the streets of Portland and hand out giftcards to the homeless.
7. Make a substantial donation to the Arab Baptist Seminary in Beirut, Lebanon to assist families (Christian and Muslim) who were displaced by the 34-day war.
8. Take my family to the following places; Nashville, TN (to visit family); York, England (to visit family); Disneyland; Disneyworld; Hawaii; Mexico; India and China.
9. Make donations to organizations and causes close to my heart. Northwest Medical Teams, Mercy Corps, American Cancer Society, Special Olympics and my church.
10. Pay off my house, but still live there. I love our house and our neighborhood! I think I would opt for new furniture and maybe a kitchen remodel. :)

What would you do if you hit the jackpot? For more Teaspoon Tuesday, go here.

13 comments:

Writer Bug said...

How sweet! Read your list and look at how few are for you. :) I agree with you on the jeans though. I need me a pair of those!

Deirdre said...

Thanks for playing the game with me. You have a huge heart.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Coming back from being away two weekends in a row, the first thing I would do is hire a housekeeper!

Cute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

What a super list! I think you've made some marvelous choices - lots for others, and some for youself and your loved ones.

I enjoyed reading some of your past posts, too!

Jennifer S. said...

our travel "to do" list is quite similar actually. TN is not on the list but otherwise...

So good you would give so much of it away, warms my heart.

Darlene said...

I would arrange for a bloggervation somewhere in the center of the world and pay for everyone to get there, so I can stop sending cyber love and REALLY {{{HUG}}} all these lovely people that I have gotten really attached to.....people like....

YOU! :D

luv to U
XxDarlene

Amber said...

Aww! The Lovebird! So pretty! :)

This is a good list of ideas, and very true to your good heart. ;)

:)

Deb R said...

You have a great list! I'll have to give this one some thought.

Keeko has lovely colors!

Cheryl said...

Kim,

I hear you on those jeans. That would be the height of luxury!! Great pics of your sweet kids! I think I would probably hire a cook as well...I don't really enjoy that job too much! ;)

Jenny said...

Neat list. What a fun question to think about.

Laini Taylor said...

Fun living accessory! Lizards make good headware too! And your list is very down-to-earth and practical, and yet has some big wonderful dreamy stuff thrown in too, like India and China! Having been lucky to travel as a child (though nowhere so exotic as that), I hope that when we have our own children, we will be able to expose them to travel at an early age -- I think if more children had a real first-hand sense of the world, astonishing bridges would be built.

Brad said...

As for the jeans...

I like your new Levi's. Like, really like.

Ok, dump the big screen and let's get a family set of 4 wheel ATV's.

Kitchen remodel - not if I have to do it. Your kitchen ideas would be all about form, my ideas all functions. It's a good thing we have each other.

I have always loved your form. I hope my function is not utilitatian for you...

luvn U
b

paris parfait said...

Oh, and don't forget coming to Paris if you have all that money! :)