Friday, June 20, 2008

As if I didn't feel old already . . .


My daughter will be in high school next year.

My daughter - will be in high school next year.

My daughter will be - in high school next year.

I turn 40 next month.

I turn - 40 next month.

I turn 40 - next month.

As if that wasn't bad enough . . .

Molly Ringwald has taken a role in the new ABC Family show, "Secret Life of the American Teenager" . . . AS A MOM!!!

What the heck? The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles sweetheart is the mom of a teenage girl?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this one . . . Dear Molly, are we really that age?

On the sunny side, the nice lady at Winco did card me this morning when I bought a six-pack for the husband. This REALLY ticked off the lady in the lane next to me who was around my same age and didn't get carded for her six-pack of Mirror Pond. I joked that I was just a "random" card - like searches at the airport but I must admit, inwardly I was doing a bit of a happy dance thinking about the fact I'm only a month from my 40th birthday and some people still wonder if I'm 21. I must have done something good in my life to deserve such a gift.

3 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

I'm interested to see how Molly Ringwald looks these days?

I'm right behind you. I'll be 40 in October.

Michelle O'Neil said...

BTW...I don't have your e-mail anymore. Mine changed and the address book went with it. I want to send you something.

lifeorileyo@gmail.com

Amber said...

Oh my gosh. *sigh* I know.

Yahoo for your young face. Will living in OR keep you looking young, because the sun is not around much to age you? One check on the plus side of our list...

:)