Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good Things

A weekend away at the beach was just what we needed to recharge our batteries. It was a bit strange to not be at church on Easter weekend, but we loved the slow pace of a weekend without commitments other than relaxing, reading and watching great movies (Dan in Real Life, Enchanted and The Seeker).

Here's some pix of our time. The kids made a glass float for their Nana's birthday gift. What fun to watch them be amazed by the art and science of this experience!









To top it all off - I came home tonight and my husband is making Lamb Kabobs (from Jamie Oliver, the Naked Chef), fresh hummus (yummm) and Monster Cookies. I love spring break!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Aww these pics are great. I am happy you guys had good family time. Sounds like fun to me!

ox :)

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that you were able to have the time away with your family. You deserve it!!!

Kamsin said...

Looks like you had a good time. And you can't beat a good Jamie Oliver recipe!!

Lisa said...

Wonderful family pictures, Kim! This is the sweet stuff.

Hope you can stop by my blog sometime where I've shared a book review about "Cold Tangerines" by Shauna Niequist.

You simply came to mind as I was reading this book, and I wanted to "give back" for the past reviews you've done which caused me to read them, too.