Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Why one more voice?

I'm not sure why, but I am starting a blog today.

Recently, I stumbled on a group of women artists who share their thoughts, challenges, successes and discouragements on the pages of their journals and blogs. Their words have been rattling around my head for weeks. I find my self checking their blogs daily now to read their latest posts. We lead very different lives, but I have been so encouraged by their transparancy and openness to their audience. Though they speak to different subjects, experiences, events and situations, the theme seems to resonate from them; "Find what you love and do what you have to do to do more of it."

Intruiged by this phenomena, I started "grazing" around more blogs. I'm amazed at the wisdom, insight and sometimes bizzarre thoughts that are being put out there. Why add my voice to the already crowded sphere of blogging? I guess I feel like in my brief history of blogging, I've already been so encouraged and challenged by others, I feel like I owe something back. I don't make claims of infinite wisdom or knowledge or a charismatic personality that will reach through your screen and shake you by the shoulders to motivate you to reach your full potential, but I might have something to say that might encourage someone along their journey. I hope if I do, you'll let me know. Until then, what's one more voice to "embroider the silence with words." (A favorie line from the book, Three Junes.)

No comments: